Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Accessing a webBrowser element in a TilePane object
posted

Ok, I have a WebBrowser object that is part of the Template that I load when a pane is maximized. How can I access it to set it's NavigateToString property?

I've tried the following code in the TileView's Maximized State Changing Property (wbNew is the name of the webBrowser control in the template):

TilePane pane = e.Element as TilePane;

switch (e.NewState)

{

case TileState.Maximized:

pane.ContentTemplate = this.Resources["MaxTemp"] as DataTemplate;

WebBrowser wb = pane.FindName("wbNew") as WebBrowser;

if (wb != null)

{

wb.NavigateToString("<iframe src=\"http://ko.infragistics.com\" width=100% height=100%></iframe>");

}

break;

}

FindName doesn't return anything, so it never fires the NavigateToString line. Is there a different place I should put this? Or is there a different way to get the control?

I'm still a relative newbie to Silverlight, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted

Hi,
    The FindName method returns null for elements in a data template.
    You have to use the VisualTreeHelper or you can add some event-handlers to element inside a data template. This example shows how to get the control from a data template:

<DataTemplate x:Key="maximizedTemplate" Loaded="StackPanel_Loaded">
      <StackPanel>
        <TextBlock x:Name="txtMaximized" Text="Maximized"/>
      </StackPanel>
    </DataTemplate>
    private void StackPanel_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {

object o = (sender as FrameworkElement).FindName("txtMaximized");
      (o
    as TextBlock).Text = "The template is loaded.";
    }

Regards,
    Marin

posted

Looks like I wasn't taking the proper path to get to the object. I had a couple StackPanels to transverse first.