Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Retrieve all rows from XamGrid with paging
posted

I have used XamWebGrid in my page and use the default paging as well.

I kept the page size as 5.When I am adding new rows to the grid.means suppose there are 7 rows in your grid.so you will get 2 pages.but when I try to save on the basis of loop through grid

foreach (Row item in JiraItemsGrid.Rows)
            {
                testCaseJira = new Web.Cortex.WcfServiceReference.TestCaseJira();
                string key = item.Cells[0].Value.ToString();
                if (key.LastIndexOf('/') != -1)
                {
                    int lastindex = key.LastIndexOf('/');
                    key = key.Substring(lastindex + 1, ((key.Length - key.LastIndexOf('/')) - 1));
                }
                if (key != string.Empty)
                {
                    // string JiraKey = item.Cells[0].Value.ToString().Split('');
                    //testCaseJira.ProjectID = (int)currentNode;
                    testCaseJira.projectID = ApplicationId;
                    testCaseJira.jiraKey = key;
                    testCaseJira.status = item.Cells[1].Value == null ? "" : item.Cells[1].Value.ToString();
                    testCaseJira.summary = item.Cells[2].Value == null ? "" : item.Cells[2].Value.ToString();
                    testCaseJira.description = item.Cells[3].Value == null ? "" : item.Cells[3].Value.ToString();
                    testCaseJira.issueType = item.Cells[4].Value == null ? "" : item.Cells[4].Value.ToString();
                    testCaseJiraProfileList.Add(testCaseJira);
                }
            }

I got only 5 rows in the rowcount if I am on the page 1.But if I want to retrieve all the 7 record is there any way apart from picking up those records from collection ?

Please suggest....

-Pankaj

Parents
    posted

HI,

The grids Rows collection only contains the rows currently in view.

You should always use the collection bound to the grid, if  you want to get the unfiltered/unpaged data.

Note, this will be much more performant as well, as accessing data via the Cell’s Value property is slow b/c it uses a Binding to resolve it.

Sincerely,
     Matt
    Developer Support Engineer

Reply Children
No Data