Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cascading XamComboEditors in XamGrid (with RIA Services)
posted

I'd like to share a useful sample demonstrating XamComboEditors used as cascading filters in a XamGrid in Silverlight 4.  The sample was created for a customer by our Developer Support team (kudos primarily to Jason D).  The sample is in VB.NET as per the customer's specs, so I hope to have a C# version at a later date.

The sample uses RIA services to provide server-side data access; and in this case the data is coming from a code class in the web project itself, not from an external source, so you should be able to run this sample stand-alone.  To do this, the DomainService class returns IQueryable objects based on the ObservableCollections provided by the Data Model.

The XamGrid has related Country, State, and City columns.  Selecting a Country causes the State drop-down items to be filtered by Country, and so on.

I hope this sample is a useful guide. Again, I hope to have a C# version soon.  Please feel free to post any comments, questions and improvements.

XamGridCascadingCombos_vb.zip
Parents Reply Children
No Data