Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamWebNumericEditor long id field
posted

How can I configure XamWebNumericEditor to work as follows (basically an Id field w/no formatting):

• Data Type Long
  • Never display any prompt characters (no _ etc.)
  • Never display any commas

I currently have these issues:

• If I set PromptChar to " " then the numbers to the right of the control get cut off
  • The Mask property expects double type formatting and I'm using long so I can't set format as ##### with no commas
  • I can't set ValueType in XAML. I tried ValueType="System:Int32" and various variations including "." instead of ":" and Int64, int, long etc., with and without system. It doesn't matter, always xaml error, must use code behind

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Geoff,

sorry for the late response.

I have tried to achieve the case you have described. I managed to set the value type in XAML to Int64 like follows:

xmlns:sys="clr-namespace:System;assembly=mscorlib"
    //...
    <ig:XamWebNumericEditor x:Name="editor"
                            Width="120"
                            Height="25"
                            PromptChar=" "
                            />

By doing so the no comma is displayed. It seams that the only way not to display any promptChar is to set it to " ".

However this causes last symbols to be cut off(as you have pointed out). This seams to be a bug that is why I have logged this issue with development under ID: 57651 and they are currently investigating it. I have also created a support ticket for you (Case ID: CAS-55022-CYBLC7) and lave linked the development work item to it so that you are notified when it is resolved and available for download from our website:

https://ko.infragistics.com/Membership/Default.aspx?panel=Downloads#Downloads

HTH, please let me know if I can assist you further.

Children
No Data