Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Expanding child row in Hierarchical grid causes whole bunch of white space to appear below grid
posted

Hello,

We are having an odd problem.  Our application has the Infragistics grids everywhere, within the last couple of months we've noticed an odd problem with the hierarchical grids.  When they initially load, they look totally fine.  However, clicking on one of the child rows to expand it causes a bunch of white space to appear below the grid, which is approximately the same height as the grid itself.

Clicking on the horizontal scroll bar on the grid (the grid is a fixed width and occasionally has a horizontal scroll bar) causes the white space to disappear.  If the grid is small enough to not require a horizontal scroll bar then the issue doesn't seem to appear.

This does not occur in Firefox or IE8 non-compatability mode.  It does occur in:  IE6, IE7, IE8 compatability mode.

I have spent hours trying to debug this and can only narrow it down to the fact that it is the grid causing the problem, which is why I'm now posting on here.

Please help!

(Sorry the attached screenshots aren't the greatest, I had to modify the headers and what-not in paint and I'm not good at it, haha)