Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGridExcelExporter output issue
posted

I am exporting a hierarchical UltraWebDataGrid to xls using UltraWebGridExcelExporter v10.3.  When I call UltraWebGridExporter.Export, all works fine and the xls is created. However, it's contents contain only the following garbage and don't contain my hierarchical data.  The data in the dataset has already been bound via DataBind prior to calling Export.

:

ReceiveStatement TRUE TRUE   ReceiveStatement TRUE   ReceiveStatement TRUE   ReceiveStatement TRUE TRUE   ReceiveStatement TRUE TRUE                                                         

Please help!

Parents
No Data
    posted

For the devoid of patience, here goes:

1. The exporter control must be defined within the form, presumably because that is the only way it's state is preserved across postbacks

2. Exporters don't like it if I handle  the grid's DataBound event. I still havent' figured out why.

3. DataBind must be called immediately prior to the Export method call, *within* the export button handler.

4. Init the grid's properties, setup handlers etc. in PreRender, not in Page load

Children
No Data