Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Refresh TargetURL "Parent"
posted

I have a page that has some summary data on it along with a WebTab which provides different detailed views of the data.  One of the tabs of the WebTab is used to display a data edit page via it's TargetURL property.  The question is .... once the data is updated in the page inside the TargetURL how do I then force the data in the outside "parent" page to refresh so that you see the changes?

My initial guess is to use soem sort of JScript insertion with Response.Write on the sever side button click event of the TargetURL page but not sure of that will work and also not sure what that script should do exactly.

Ideas???

posted

Hi,

That is correct to update parent page from within TargetUrl of UltraWebTab you need javascript. You may look at sample application for UltraWebTab related to TargetUrl, like Page1.aspx in ClientSideEvents sample.

Within your TargetUrl you may reference to parent window (parent or opener). Using that parent window you may access document, form, etc. element. So, you may envoke any action like form.submit(), buttonOnMainPage.click(), etc.