Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Corrupt shape files
posted

Hi there,

I am receiving the following error message when I try and run a Silverlight page that uses the xamMap control:

Message: System.Exception: Corrupt Shp file - failed to read PolyLineZ. at Infragistics.Controls.Maps.ShapeFileUtil.ReadShape(Header shapeHeader, BinaryReader shpReader, BinaryReader dbfReader) at Infragistics.Controls.Maps.ShapeFileReader.Import()

My XAML is: 

<ig:XamMap x:Name="Map" IsAutoWorldRect ="False">
<ig:XamMap.Layers>
  <ig:MapLayer x:Name="stationsLayer2" IsVisible="True">
   <ig:MapLayer.Reader>
     <ig:ShapeFileReader Uri="ShapeFiles/Alignment_keymap"/>
   </ig:MapLayer.Reader>
  </ig:MapLayer>
</ig:XamMap.Layers>  

<ig:MapNavigationPane Margin="15" VerticalAlignment="Top" ig:XamDock.Edge="InsideRight" /> 

<ig:MapThumbnailPane Width="200" Height="100" HorizontalAlignment="Center" Margin="15" Background="Transparent" HorizontalContentAlignment="Center" ig:XamDock.Edge="InsideBottom" ig:XamDock.HorizontalDockAlignment="Left" />

</ig:XamMap>

The error message mentions a corrupt shape file, however, I can open up the shape file in other packages such as MapWindow with no problems.  In fact I have only managed to get the xamMap control to work with the sample shape files provided by Infragistics.  I have other shape files that I can view when I use MapWindow, but yet they appear blank when I open them in the xamMap control.  What's the problem here?  Do shape files to be used by the xamMap control have to be in a special format?