Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can't select another item from the Combo
posted

I put a webcombo in a webpanel control and set the datasource to a .NET SqlDataSource result set on the same page. I don't change anything from the default. All I do is map the appropriate fields for the return value.

When I run the project, I can freely select an item from the dropdown (albiet the font looks totally unprofessional in it's anti-aliased and slightly blurred form). The page posts back and I get the return information from my other code. I then attempt to select another dropdown item. The list drops and then I want to scroll. As soon as I click on either scroll button, or even the slider, the box closes as if I had clicked far away from the control.

According to other messages in this thread, something similar happened in V6 of the control set. I'm having the problem with 7.3

I can't upgrade to the 8.1 version (if it's even fixed in there) due to department policy on my end. I can't downgrade to 7.2 because I'm using a new feature of 7.3 in my project.

I can't provide any code. Actually, in this case, since I'm using a basic instance of the control, recreating the steps should be easy.

Offline posted

I'm in the same situation, but with the 8.1 version.... [:'(]

With IE works fine, but with FireFox no.

If I build a traditional ASP.NET 2.0 project works with all browsers, but if I build a project with AJAX extensions enabled, I have the problem with FireFox.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.