Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Working with Table control
posted

I have added a table control to the BODY of my report. I dragged one of my data sources into the group to create a Table Control. I'm trying to follow the steps in the user guide under section "Grouping Data Within a Table control". According to page 80 I should be able to right-click on the group header or detail and get an option of Insert Group. I don't get that option. I do have options of Insert Row Above and Below.

I think something isn't clear in the users guide.

Also - the guide says you can have one grouping level combined, but does not show an example of how to do this - or explain how that is different from multiple grouping levels (which it also doesn't show).

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Sylvia,

You are certainly right. The guide was created for the CTP1, and the documentation about the Table control wasn't updated for the CTP2.

Creating a group in a Table control is now very similar to doing it through the Designer.

You can follow these steps:

1. Select the table and click the Add Group Invitation at the top of the Table control. A new group section is created and a new Invitation is displayed within the group section.
    2. Click on the new Invitation to configure your grouping expression. The Expression Assistant will open.
    3. Build the grouping expression in the Expression Assistant.

Regarding the lack of examples about grouping possibilities, we will work to improve that part of the documentation.

Thanks for your feedback,

J

Children
No Data