Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cannot get webcombo to show grid inside Ajax Update Panel
posted

Hi there,

I've been trying to get a simple webcombo box to work inside an update panel but it appears that no matter how I do it, the drop down no longer appears after the first event that triggers the update panel is fired. All I have on my ajax enabled webpage is two webcombos with static data. The webcombo that is outside of the updatepanel is wired to fire a selectedrowchanged event (which doesn't even do anything at the moment) which is registered in the triggers collection of the update panel. When I load the page the for the first time, both webcombos (with two rows and columns each, all of which are static and were added via the properties window in visual studio) are populated and respond to user input. As soon as the webcombo that fires the rowchanged event fires its first event the second webcombo that is inside the updatepanel becomes disabled and no longer responds to user input. I have tried many things including  using webasyncrefreshpanel and also tried setting the EnableXmlHTTP value to true and initializing the layout myself but nothing seems to work. Am I missing something simple or aren't webcombos designed to work with Ajax at all?