Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XML Out-Of-Band UpdateRow - what to do with invalid data
posted

Help,

I am using a grid with the LoadOnDemand property set to XML.  It runs like a champ.

However, if the customer enters an invalid Serial Number while issuing an item I cannot generate an alert box.  I can update a column(s) on the grid, but the customer can then blow through since the interface doesn't stop processing.  And, the processing is done at a distance using a BarCode scanner - so blowing through to the next row can be a problem.

Is there a technique I can use in the code behind to inform the CSOM that the UpdateRow was cancelled?  I did set the e.Cancel property to true, but the AfterXmlHttpResponseProcessed still had the _grid.Cancel property set to false.  And, the row had already changed to the next row.  Maybe the _grid.Cancel is false because it is on a fresh record that hasn't been updated.  Is there a client side event that can capture the status of the server side UpdateRow so I can present an 'alert' box and avoid moving to the next row?

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi Roger,

i guess my problem (http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/t/20039.aspx) is related to yours: The user enters data in the grid. the server side UpdateCell event fires and the event handler causes an exception (set e.cancel = true) while updating the database. Result: the database still has the old data but the user does not have a clue because the grid displays the users input.

So I would appreciate if you could share the solution you found... if there is any ;)

Thanks,

paologios

Children
No Data