Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamNumericEditor ignores Cultureinfo
posted

We're using Silverlight 2010.3 XamNumericEditor controls in our application.

But if we change the cultureinfo of our application, the controls don't properly format the numbers.

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = New CultureInfo(CurrentUser.extCulturename)
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = New CultureInfo(CurrentUser.extCulturename)
Me.Language = XmlLanguage.GetLanguage(Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.Name)

The .Language property of the control shows the new culture, but the number is still formatted as en-us with comma as a thousands separator and a dot as decimal separator.

The controls on the top line are xamnumericeditors, the ones below are normal textblocks/textboxes which display the number correctly.

Is there something we've missed?

Offline posted

Hello,

It has been a while since you have made your post, in case you still need support I will be glad to assist you further. I suppose the other community members can benefit from this answer as well. I have been looking into your screenshot and I tested your scenario both with the RTM and latest service release of 10.3 and everything seems to work ok on my side. If this is still an issue for you could please provide me with an isolated sample project, where this is reproduced, the specific version of your version and the browser that you use.

Feel free to write me if you have further questions.