Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ultrawebgrid does not work inside Async Web Control Panel
posted

Does anyone at all at Infragistics test these components before they send them out to the world to use?

The Ultrawebgrid does NOT work inside an Async Web Control Panel.  There are so many issues I can't even remember them all.  Due to the dropoff of any real valuable help data in the help files I've been forced to "tinker" around all day trying this and that.  There are some things in the help file which have no information whatsoever, such as the property "BrowserTarget".  What kind of a browser is Auto?  I've never heard of that kind of web browser.  I also have never heard of an UpLevel or DownLevel web browser. Your help file has no information on this other than if I pick the DownLevel the async panel will not actually work in async mode.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... very interesting.  Why would someone go through the trouble of putting one of these controls on their page if they DON'T want it to work?  What kind of logic is there in that?  I do not understand this kind of logic.

Anyhow, the problems I am having are two fold for the most part (as these are the deal-breakers)

1.  When putting the grid inside the panel, it takes sometimes about 5-10 or so clicks on the grid to get it to focus properly so you can select a row or put a cell into edit mode.  Yeah, I would say right now that our clients will find this a real deal breaker.  People expect that when they click on something, it actually works the first time.  They don't want to click click click click click click rapidly to get something to work.  Does that make any sense whatsoever to Infragistics?  I am wondering..... given my past frustrations and our loss of a client due to other Infragistics bugs.  We were promised some sort of a fix in a timely fashion and while I proved where the problem was I could not rebuild the .dlls without a key file from Infragistics so we had to just sit here and wait and apologize endlessly to our clients, and invent alternatives ourselves simply due to the time loss waiting for Infragistics to get their act together.  So here I am looking at this problem and I will say this right now, this is a deal breaker for us.  Either we get a fix within a week or we just up and stop using Infragistics forever because these kind of issues cause loss of business. Loss of business causes loss of revenue.  Loss of revenue means people don't get paid and it also means Infragistics goes bye bye.  Please do take this to your management. They need to hear how crappy their products really are and how lacsidazical the response is from the support staff and by the marketing staff and the salespersons staff.  Everyone it lacking over there.  So take that to your management, please do.  Tell them there's one pissed off customer who's been a customer for a long time now and is ready to move on due.

2.  grid does not work hardly in any way shape or form inside an Async Web Control Panel for SAFARI browsers.  This means Safari on Mac, or PC.  As a matter of fact, there are a kazillion things you guys make that are not supported on Safari.  Is your development staff off on a Safari themselves and that is the explanation for the dropoff of the number one major browser for the Macintosh?  I mean come on guys, does ANY testing get done there?  From what I'm looking at, there is no possible way someone could have tested these controls on Safari and signed off on it.  No way!  Fire the dude who has that job because he's falling asleep at the job!  The grid doesn't show a header, it also doesn't go into edit mode, it also doesn't select a row, the caret doesn't show up.  And it's intermittant.  Wow, how'd you guys managed to pull that off?  Some randome intermittant behavior so that one hit A works but B and C and D and E dont and next hit B works but none of the others and so on.  I bet that took some real imagination to make that happen.

posted

Par for the course for Infragistics. Some tings naver change

posted

Oh yeah, one more problem. This time it is evident in Internet Exploder:  There is a Javascript error with one of those warning signs on the bottom left of the status bar.  Double clicking it reads "Line: 204
    Char: 1
    Error: 'Sys' is undefined
    Code: 0
    URL: <the url of the page with the async panel>".

I've found the source of the Javascript being referenced by this error.  Here it is:

<script type="text/javascript">

//<![CDATA[
    Sys.Application.initialize();
    //]]>
    </script>

Interestingly enough there is also an error before this one.  It reads the same except that it's an earlier line number.

//<![CDATA[
    Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._initialize('ctl00$DetailPage$ScriptManager1', document.getElementById('aspnetForm'));
    Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._updateControls([, [, [, 90);
    //]]>

I see there is a reference to a detail script manager. This leads me to think maybe this has something to do with ASP Master/Detail pages. So my question is.. Has this async panel been tested in that scenario or are users only supposed to use the async panel on non-Master/Detail pages? This kind of information would be valuable to your VALUED paying clientele who intend on using your tools would it not?

posted

Oh, one more problem with the Async Web Control Panel.... This time the problem is evident in Firefox.

Repeated refreshes on the panel will cause a fatal exception:

"Server Error in '/Website' Application.

The state information is invalid for this page and might be corrupted.

Description:  An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request.  Replase review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Stack trace shows the exception was a ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.