Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ObjectDataSource woes
posted

I am evaluating NetAdvantage for use in a project. Specifically the WebGrid to provide some features missing from the MS GridView. I want the easy column styling etc of the UltraWebGrid.

The page is a little complicated. There are 3 grids (or more), each in its own UpdatePanel. Each grid is to be bound to an ObjectDataSource that supports paging.

I have put an UltraWebGrid (2008.1) in place of the GridView (that was functioning), and have struck a couple of problems:

1. The first set of rows is retrieved, I see the calls to SelectCount and Select, but the pager says "1 of 1" and the Next and Prev links are disabled. It seems to be ignoring the number of rows returned from SelectCount.

2. Whenever one of the grids are re-retrieved (after being sorted by a column say), the Select for that grid is fired (which is correct), then a page load (which should be a partial page load), but that causes the other two grids to have their Select fired also! Does the webGrid work with AJAX UpdatePanel or not?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
David