Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
RequiredFieldValidator javascript cut off at 256 bytes in AJAX js code
posted

I have an error which occurs only on our Test server, where a bit of AJAX code is being chopped off at 256 bytes, but not when run on developer workstations.  I was able to find the error by running the app in Firefox with its Error Console open.

Error: syntax error
Source File: http://.../AdvSearchHome.aspx
Line: 1
Source Code:
var ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1_SalesDetail_Criteria_rfvPartNbr = document.all ? document.all["ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1_SalesDetail_Criteria_rfvPartNbr"] : document.getElementById("ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_ContentPlaceHol

^^ Notice how the line is chopped off at 256 bytes. I'm guessing it should look like this: 

var ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1_SalesDetail_Criteria_rfvPartNbr = document.all ? document.all["ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1_SalesDetail_Criteria_rfvPartNbr"] : document.getElementById("ctl00_ctl00_MainContent_ContentPlaceHolder1");

Has anyone run into this? This is obviously the WARP panel testing to see if it has an IE browser and deciding how to refer to the element.