Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
I need some serious help...
posted

Hello Team Infragistics,

I have only called on this community for help a few times in my career as a developer. I've been at the same company for 9 years and using Infragistics controls for about 6 of those years. I have what your might call a "love/hate relationship" with your products ha ha ha. At times they have served me well, but other times not so much.

However a major cause of the bad times has been my company's fault. They valued what the user wanted from our system more than the input from the developers working on it. So in a nutshell we are still running version 8.1 of your Asp.Net suite of web controls. Our application was also stuck on .net 2. The good news is that we have finally upgraded to 3.5 and we may go to 4.0/VS2010 very soon. It was my task to upgrade the various components of the system and so far I have done that and it all went well. The last thing left to do is the Infragistics controls. We have version 12 now, and I tried at the end of last week to upgrade 8 to 12 using the included upgrade script that came with version 12.

The upgrade script did not work. Apparently, version 8 is so old that a direct conversion from 8 to 12 is not possible. The script said it detected "retired" controls and say I have to upgrade manually and then it exited. So I am writing to ask for advice...from anyone. Weather you work for Infragistics or not, has anyone else been in this position before and can you give me any advice on how to get this accomplished?

If I cannot upgrade the pages with version 8 of the controls, can we run 8 and 12 in parallel and use 12 for new pages?

If you have any questions about my project or how it is setup please ask and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks!

-Major Kusinagi

Parents Reply Children
No Data