Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to handle dropping elements anywhere?
posted

My application consists Docking control and XamTilemanager in main pane. Elements from tiles can be dragged and dropped anywhere outside of XamTilemanager. Every Drop event handler will do the same thing and the dragged element won't be added to any collection. Do I have to define DragTarget and channel on every pane or is there a smarter way to configure DropTarget (somewhere higher in controls tree) to be able to handle all drops in one place?

Regards,

Wojtek

Parents
    Offline posted

Hello Wojtek,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into the functionality that you have described and I can suggest setting the DragDropManager’s DragSource attached property to the XamTiles of the XamTileManager, using a style. By doing so, you can set the DragSource to a single location and apply it to all XamTiles in the XamTileManager. I have created a sample application for you, that shows how you can implement dragging the tiles of the XamTileManager onto a ListBox control and add the data items that corresponds to the tile in the ListBox’s source.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on the matter.

Sincerely,

Krasimir

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics

www.infragistics.com/support

TileDropOutsideOfTheManager.zip
Reply Children
No Data