Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
client side event problem with checkbox column
posted

Hello, I'm using an ultrawebgrid v8.1 component with a checkbox-type column and I have a very strange problem:

The CLIENT SIDE event UltraWebGrid1_BeforeCellChangeHandler(gridName, cellId), only fires up in the case of the first click on a cell. If I wait for example two seconds (to avoid the browser to interpret it as a double click) and then I click again on the SAME cell (without change the focus to another cell), the event is not fired. I'm observing that when I make the first click, the cell gets FOCUSED (different than activated or selected).

This breaks my checking chain as I cannot handle the situation if the user clicks again on the same cell without changing before to another cell. The only workaround I've found is to first, manually assign value to the cell and then return TRUE inside the javascript function so the cell does not get focused as the event gets cancelled. Is there any other workaround like UN-FOCUS the cell ?

Thanks in advance !

Verified Answer
    posted

I found the solution:

I though I was using the event that fires up when the CONTENTS for the cell get changed, but that event is fired before the user MOVES TO ANOTHER CELL !

Now I'm using UltraWebGrid1_AfterCellUpdateHandler(gridName, cellId) and everything works ok. It was normal of course that the second click did not fired up the event as I was not moving to another cell 8-D.