Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebTab Scrambled after DropDownList selected value changed
posted

I'm using an UltraWebTab control.  In it are WebGroupBoxes with standard ASP.Net controls.  I have a button that clears the contents of everything on the form (text boxes and drop down lists).  Now, when I manually change the index of a dropdownlist all of the tabs mesh together.  It only does it when a value is selected from the dropdownlist and then the clear button is pressed.  I'm going to include the clear button code and a screen shot of the before / after.  I'm including as an attachment before and after screen shots of the "Search" tab in zip file, as you can see from them, all of the other tabs get jumbled after line 66 is executed at some point in the loop (I've also tried setting the selected value of the dropdownlist by index with the same effect).  Apologies for the shoddy photoshoping of the screen shots.  :P 

Also, I'm using the .Net Framework 3.5 with the 2008 NetAdvantage controls for the CLR 3.5.

53     Protected Sub btnClear_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles btnClear.Click

54         '******************************************************************************

55         '   Clear the search form

56         '******************************************************************************

58         ' Loop through the table and clear all input boxes

59         For Each Tr As TableRow In tblSearch.Rows

60             For Each Td As TableCell In Tr.Cells

61                 For Each C As Control In DirectCast(Td, TableCell).Controls

62                     If TypeOf C Is TextBox Then

63                         DirectCast(C, TextBox).Text = ""

64                     ElseIf TypeOf C Is DropDownList Then

65                         ' for some reason this causes a bug with the infragistics tab.  This is the line that is causing the bug whenever I change the value of the DropDownList.

66                         DirectCast(C, DropDownList).Items.FindByValue("").Selected = True

67                     End If

68                 Next

69             Next

70         Next

72         UltraWebGrid1.Clear()

73         lblInfo.Text = "Form cleared succesfully"

74     End Sub

Screenshots.zip
    posted

I figured out a work around but I'm still going to need to be able to change the selected index in a drop down for this project.  Here's the workaround, I just added JavaScript onto the button to clear the form instead:

btnClear.Attributes.Add("onClick", "document.forms[0].reset();return false;")

posted

It appears that when the dropdownlist selected is set to true the following Html comes back malformed on the drop down list (I checked the HTML before and after this line of code was run, it was fine before and missing an end > after), as you can see the option tag comes back missing a right bracket and the value.  Seems like a bug to me in the rendering methods as all that I changed was the setting Selected = True on that control.  Anybody have any thoughts on a work around? 

<option selected="selected" value="">Not Specified</option>
    	<option value="A">Value 1</option>
    	<option&nbsp;</div>