Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Styles not applied
posted

I have an application that has been in use a while with absolutely no problems.  We are now migrating our production servers to a new facility, and I have begun having trouble with a WebToolbar that does not seem to have styles applied properly.  On my dev machine, and on the old server, it works exactly as one expects.  On the new server, the styles never seem to get changed.  However, used a DOM explorer I can see that the class attribute is in fact being updated by the javascript, moving from MyControl1$UltraWebToolbar1def to MyControl1$UltraWebToolbar1hov as the I mouseover & mouseout over the buttons.

The only style seemingly applied to this webmenu is from the BODY css class - it's like these other styles don't even exist.  However, when I view source on the page I can see them just fine.

Just as an FYI, I am also using a WebMenu with no problems on this same form. 

Logically, it seems that the problem is with deployment since this same code works fine on other boxes.

Using 2006 V3 on an ASP 1.1 application.

Parents
No Data
    posted

OK - I think I have figured out the problem.  The classname that is used by the control uses the $ sign, which seems to be invalid for a CSS style name.  On my other server the class name is MyControl1xUltraWebToolbar1hov, NOT MyControl1$UltraWebToolbar1hov. 

How can I change things so that it uses something other that the $ for the class names?

Children
No Data