Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Get checked rows in a xamGrid.
posted

Hello, Experts

I have a xamGrid with a checkbox Column like below.

<ig:XamGrid Name="igGridNewLabels">

<ig:TemplateColumn.ItemTemplate>

<DataTemplate>                                       

<CheckBox Name="cbSelected" IsChecked="{Binding Selected, Mode=TwoWay}" Margin="25,0,25,0"  Width="20" Click="cbSelected_Click" />

</DataTemplate>

</ig:TemplateColumn.ItemTemplate>

</ig:TemplateColumn>

… …

</ig:XamGrid.Columns>

… …

</ig:XamGrid>

The problem is I want to get the checked rows in this xamGrid. I use following code to get selected rows.

foreach (var row in this.igGridNewLabels.Rows)

{

CheckBox currentCheckbox = (CheckBox)row.Cells[0].Control.Content;

if (currentCheckbox.IsChecked.Value)

{

// do something.

}

}

But the problem when there are too many rows in the xamGrid, that cause the scrollbar appears. I fail to get the checkbox for the rows that are in the hidden in the UI. The row.Cells[0].Control throws an nullreferenceException when the foreach loop execute to the hidden area in the UI.

Can you experts help me? This really drive me crazy.

PS:  I cannot use DataSource to find the selected rows. Because as you know when the columns are sorted or a filter is applied, the datasource will be inconsistent with UI.

Thanks in advance.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated!!!

Jim

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi Jim,

Because of virtualization, you can't access UI elements of rows that are out of view (they're not yet created). This is why you're getting this Null Ref. exception.

What you could do, is to access the underlying data object for the row, and get the "Selected" value from the data object instead of the checkbox.

Your code should look something like this:

foreach (var row in this.igGridNewLabels.Rows)

{

if (((DataObj)row.Data).Selected)

{

// do something.

}

}

You'll need to replace "DataObj" with the type of your underlying objects.

Hope this helps,

Reply Children
No Data