Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Merged Cells appearance in XamGrid Silverlight 5
posted

Hi,

I have an application where one column in the grid displays timeslots with a configurable interval (Default 3 minutes). The second column is a TemplateColumn which uses a CellTemplate encapsulating about five pieces of information in one cell.

Basically the second column displays Flight information. Now one flight may occupy more than one timeslots so as a workaround I am setting the same flight in multiple rows and then grouping by the flight info Merging the cells with the same flight hence giving an impression to the user that a single flight is taking multiple timeslots. 

The problem however is that the grouped items are sorted so my timeline column is not displaying the slots in the correct order because the Flight column is grouped and sorted with MergeCell behaviour.

I know you may suggest to use the Schedule control but that does not support what I want to achieve. I want my flights to be displayed consistently all the time with a fixed minimum height so the Schedule control even if zoomed in/out the flights are always displayed. The issue is the timeline interval can be anything starting a minimum 1 minutes interval. I am not sure if the Schedule control can do this. So I went for the XamGrid especially because of its MergeCells feature.

I would really appreciate a prompt response and any suggestions on using alternate controls/functionality will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Nasir

Offline posted

Hello Nasir,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into and I can say that this behavior is expected, because this is how the grouping works. It first sorts the column and then add items to a certain group until a different value appears and then creates a new group. My suggestion is to sort the TimeSlot column after group the flights.

Hope this helps you.