Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom display format for cell
posted

I have a numeric field that contains a number of minutes. In the XamGrid, I want to display it as: x Days y Hours Z Minutes. 

It is easy enough to add a property/field to the entity that converts it to the desired format, but then the sorting of the column will not work as intended. 

I figure there are two options: find a way to use a custom format for the displaying of the field, or have the column set to the formatted field and have it sort on the original field. 

As far as I can tell, it is not possible to set a column's sort to another field (not yet, anyway - there was some talk on it perhaps being added). There is the option to add the FieldSortDescription, but that seems to apply to the whole grid, and not a specific column - or did I get that wrong? 

Is there a way to have the display formatting done in code? It would be extremely handy to be able to specify a method (that takes the field value as a parameter and returns the formatted result) as the format property. What is the best way to achieve this?