Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamGrid persistence settings causing blank grid
posted

Hi there,

I have a strange issue that is haunting me and I hope you can help

I am using the XamGrid persistence Settings functionality to allow users to save and load grid settings at will, and this works fine.

The problem comes when people "share" settings... i.e user 1 creates a layout of the grid that they like, and clicks save. In my application this will grab the persistence settings from the grid, throw it into a Byte[], and save it to the Database. When this user loads up the application again, the settings are retrieved and loaded with no problem. Very slick!

User 2 also likes the look of the grid, so User 1 makes the database entry shared, so User 2 can now access his settings.

When user 2 loads up the application, the settings are retrieved correctly, but when they are applied to the grid, the grid goes blank.. No columns, no headers, no nothing at all...

I am wondering what is causing this issue as it is severaly impacting a project I am working on.