Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to call GetUIElement Method from QTP
posted

Hi there, me again :-)

Some background to my problem: drag and drop functionality in QTP for grids isn't exactly brilliant and I need to be able to drag a row from one position to another (in the same grid). Now some infragistics controls appear to have their own methods (such as the DragNode method for the SwfTreeView object), but with grids it appears I have to rely on QTP's own Drag & Drop methods where you provide the x, y coordinates. Of course this is not ideal. So as a workaround I was thinking of getting the x, y coordinates of the row I need to drag, before doing so, by calling the GetUIElement method and ascertaining the 'Rect' or 'Region' properties. I could then feed the results into the Drag/Drop actions.

So the question is, how do I call the GetUIElement method on a grid row, this method is not listed under the RO methods available, and in fact it would be useful to know how to call ANY method that a grid supports but that QTP cannot 'see'.

Cheers, Ryan

p.s. also if someone has a more elegant solution to my drag/drop query it would be gratefully received!

posted

Have also just seen the DoDragDrop method, but I am unclear as to how to use this in QTP.