Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
uft 12.01 doesnt recognize an Infragistics.Win.UltraWintoolbars
posted

Hi,

I am currently starting to automate a Client-Server .net application developed in .net 4.0, but this application aslso have third party controls.

UFT is not able to recognize the items within an Infragistics.Win.UltraWintoolbars , it recognizes the whole menu bar as a single Object.

I've been reading some posts and it seems like I need Test Advantage in order to recognize properties of the objects in that menu bar.

Could you please let me know If getting Test Advantage will solve this problem, I mean objects within the menu bar will be recognized by UFT?

and also please If there is a free trial version of TA that I can dowload in order to try it before than buy it.

Currently Using:

UFT 12.01 (Trial version all add-ins)

When using the uft spy and recording I have web, .net and silverlight add-ins loaded.

Please any help you can provide i will do really appreciate that.

Berenice :)

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Berenice,

Thank you for reach out out to us today. Yes you will be required to install Test Advantage for Windows Forms , and optional as a trial, if you are using HPs test automation softare QTP or UFT.

The version required is dependent on the version your application(s) are referencing. For example, if your application you wish to test was built with our 2012 Volume 2 Windows Forms controls then you will need to install Test Advantage 2012 Volume 2.

A list of download links Windows Forms Test Automation can be accessed here: http://ko.infragistics.com/support/archived-downloads

Most of our previous installers are listed under "WINDOWS FORMS TEST AUTOMATION FOR HP ARCHIVES:"

Once you have the paired version installed, and before testing out your apps, I recommend that you test against our samples to ensure that everythis is configured correctly. Test Advantage installes samples located here: C:\Users\admin\Documents\Infragistics

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this matter.

Reply Children
No Data