Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to control colors in the Gantt Chart?
posted

I have a data bound Gantt chart that I need to have the bars in a series show as the same color but not be grouped together.  I need the bars to be individually shown on their own row in sequential time order.   If I set the SeriesLablesColumnIndex to a column that identifies the color groups I need, and the ColorModel to CustomLinear or CustomSkin, the color is the same for the group but of course all in that series group together in rows.  I can set the SeriesLablesColumnIndex to another data column to get the bars to show individually on rows in sequential time order but then the colors change according to the Color Model selected which has nothing to do with the groups I need.  To complicate things the data set changes based on a user defined query.  There are 11 different groups of data that may show in various sequences and not all 11 may show each time.

So perhaps there are two options here:

First, can the Series be told to retain the color grouping scheme but ignore the row grouping so the bars can be shown individually on rows by time sequence?

Or, can the individual bars be colored based on a value in the data set even though the data set results change each time the Gantt chart is called?