Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDialogWindow and asp:UpdatePanel
posted

I tried to use a WebDialogWindow inside a WARP and itdid not work.

Looking in this forum, I saw that the WebDialogWindow is not compatible with the WARP and Infragistics suggests using the AJAX UpdatePanel instead.

So, I swapped my WARP panel for an UpdatePanel and I get error messages on every element inside thh update panel, such as

C:\projects\PressProductionManager\SiteClient\Default.aspx(714): Build (web): Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'WebDialogWindow'.
C:\projects\PressProductionManager\SiteClient\Default.aspx(716): Build (web): Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'ContentPane'.
C:\projects\PressProductionManager\SiteClient\Default.aspx(717): Build (web): Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'Template'.
C:\projects\PressProductionManager\SiteClient\Default.aspx(718): Build (web): Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'table'.
C:\projects\PressProductionManager\SiteClient\Default.aspx(719): Build (web): Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' does not have a public property named 'tbody'.

etc.

What am I missing?

posted

Hello,

asp:UpdatePanel works a little bit differently from WARP - it requires ContentTemplate first, and the actual content can be embedded there. Example

<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" ID="UpdatePanel1">

<ContentTemplate>

<ig:WebDialogWindow .... />

</ContentTemplate> 

</asp:UpdatePanel> 

Please, let me know if this helps.