Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Please explain time zone processing
posted

Hi, everybody! I am using version 2006 release 2 of the netvantage package. I have taken the tabbed sample that shows the dayview, week view, month view and added it to my application. Now I need to understand how these controls handle time zones.

I see that the database stores the times as UTC. This is fine. On my development PC, the timezone for both the user and the system is Pacific.

What happens on the server when the server is in Pacific but the user is in a different time zone, say Eastern.  Is there some property of the control which tells the system which time zone the user is in?

Thanks to all responders. The forums and knowledge base have been a great resource!

Pete

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

I found the TimeZoneOffset and TimeZoneServer properties in the WebScheduleInfo class.

I was looking at the dayview, weekview, etc. controls and forgot about WebScheduleInfo.

Hope this may help someone else...

Reply Children
No Data