Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
AppointmentAdd and SaveAndClose
posted

Hello -

On the AppointmentAdd dialog, I'd like to know what happens behind the scenes for the WebSchedule to know if the activity changed or not.  When the "Save And Close" button is clicked, I see that triggering a bunch of javascript (onActivityDialogEdit, etc.).  On the WebScheduleInfo's page I can see that the DialogEdit event is always fired, but the ActivityUpdating event is only fired when one of the fields changed.  What determines that one of the fields changed?

I'd like to know because I'm adding some custom fields to the dialog.  The out-of-box dialog doesn't know if my fields have changed, so I need to hook into that logic.  I can just add a space to an existing field, which triggers the update, but I want to stay away from hacks like that :-)

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    posted

I found the answer to this.  In the ig_AddAppointmentDialog.prototype.saveAndClose method, a call is made to this.dialog._dialogClosed.  The dialogClosed method is where the comparison happens.  It grabs the old appointment and compares it to the new appointment (appointment.compare(originalAppointment)).  If they're different it triggers the update.

Children
No Data