Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
This Bug(s) are the last Bugs for me!!
posted

Sorry Guys,

i used your controls for several years. But this Bugs are too much of trouble for me!!

1. Validation doesn't work as expected.

Adding a WebSplitter to a page breaks built in asp.net validation. The Page shows errors but do a postback. This is not expected! The curious thing is, that the WebSplitter is completly empty.

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePageMethods="true">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<div>

<ig:WebSplitter ID="WebSplitter1" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%" BackColor="Transparent"

Orientation="Horizontal" BorderStyle="None">

<SplitterBar CssClass="Test">

</SplitterBar>

<Panes>

<ig:SplitterPane runat="server" Size="25px" BackColor="Transparent" Locked="true">

<Template>

<p class="PageTitle">

Some text...

</p>

</Template>

</ig:SplitterPane>

<ig:SplitterPane runat="server" BackColor="Transparent">

<Template>

</Template>

</ig:SplitterPane>

</Panes>

</ig:WebSplitter>

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton1" runat="server">LinkButton</asp:LinkButton>

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server" ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator"

ControlToValidate="TextBox1"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

<asp:ValidationSummary runat="server" ShowSummary="false" ShowMessageBox="true" />

</div>

</form>

</body>

If you remove WebSplitter, the Page doesn't Postback!! 

2. Sometimes, Visual Studio 2008 duplicate the HTML-Code and mix it up. This refer only code inside WebSplitter.

In the last two years i hoped that you do a better job. But with any new release  i got new problems. It's time to test Telerik or DevExpress...

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hello,

First of all, please excuse us for any problems you may have. We would certainly want to help and actually we did try to reproduce the problem exactly based on your code (please see the zipped project attached), but this worked in fine (validator fired correctly - please see screenshot.jpg in the zip package) in both IE and FireFox.

Is it possible to open a support ticket with your setup, browser info, controls information, etc - anything that could help us reproduce the problem? We would certainly do our best to help, but it is hard for us to reproduce the problem based on the information you have.

The problem with duplicate HTML Code in Splitter is also very weird. Are there any steps we can take to reproduce that and hopefully have this addressed?

Thanks a lot for your time and we hope we can help you get this resolved asap.

WebSite25.zip
Children
No Data