Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Custom Add Appointment
posted

I'm trying to create a custom AddAppointment dialog in VB.NET using a sql server backend.  The sample uses xml.  I believe I've got the Appointment extended correctly. I also created a page called addAppointment.aspx and AppointmentFormPath of the webScheduleInfo  control on my calling page accordingly.  At this point, my 2 questions are this.  How do I get a reference to the webscheduleInfo control on the calling page from the child AddAppointment dialog page? I'm trying to limit client side code as much as possible.  Second, once I do, What is the correct syntax for calling the Update(ByVal context As DataContext) method in my custom data class?

-MJC

posted

From AppointmentAdd dialog, I think you can only access the WebScheduleInfo object on the client side.  What I did was store the variables in Session so that the two forms can communicate. The Appointment Dialog has no server side events.