Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Not seeing server side event from webdialog
posted

Hello,

I have the following markup (not that autopostbackflags for WindowStateChange is on):

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
<cc1:WebDialogWindow ID="MyPopup" runat="server" Height="600px" Modal="True"
    Width="800px" MaintainLocationOnScroll="True" BorderStyle="Inset" BorderWidth="2px"
    WindowState="Hidden" InitialLocation="Centered">
    <AutoPostBackFlags WindowStateChange="On" />
    <Header Visible="false">
    </Header>
    <ContentPane ScrollBars="Hidden">
        <Template>
            <table width="100%" height="100%" id="myTable">
                <tbody id="myTBody">
                    <tr>
                        <td>
                            <uc6:MyUserControl ID="thisIsMyUserControl" runat="server" />
                        </td>
                    </tr>
                </tbody>
            </table>
        </Template>
    </ContentPane>
</cc1:WebDialogWindow>

I then have a javascript function that gets triggered by a link on my page to show my webdialog box:

function ShowMyPopup(cand_id) {
    $find('MyPopup').show();            //Show My popup
}

I then have an event handler that I'm expecting to see fire (but it's not):

Protected Sub MyPopup_StateChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Infragistics.Web.UI.LayoutControls.DialogWindowStateChangedEventArgs) Handles MyPopup.StateChanged
        dosomethingtopopulatemywebdialog()   'Never hit this one, but I see the webdialogwindow appear on my screen
    End Sub

fwiw the pre_render does fire when my page is loaded:

Protected Sub attachmentPopup_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyPopup.PreRender
      dosomething() 'Hit this one when the page is loaded
    End Sub

I created both event handlers using the properties Pane in design view.  I've done a Ctrl+F5 several times on my page.  Any idea why I'm not seeing the event fire?

Thanks,

Eric

posted

I changed the syntax of my Javascript a little bit and see it fire now.  I replaced the .show() method, which displays the webdialog, but doesn't fire the event to:

var dialog = $find('myPopup');
        dialog.set_windowState($IG.DialogWindowState.Normal, true);         //Show the popup