Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown AppendDataBoundItems or Select
posted

I've spent most of the day trying to figure this out and I've gotten no where. I want the basic funcationality of a DropDownList with a Multi-Select. (Something like AppendDataBoundItems and having a Blank item appear 1st)

Problem:

When the WebDropDown loads and binds, the 1st item contained in the list appears. I do not want this b/c it looks like this item is already selected. But rather I want it to load 'Blank' and the user then clicks the webdropdown and the items selected are added. (Something like the first item is blank - BUT the catch is that this 'Blank'  item should NOT be in the item listing when the user goes to select items from the list)

For example:

Item listing: Green, Blue, Red

When the webdropdown is loaded, Green is in the Dropdown. I had an idea to manually add a 'Blank' value to my returned item list, but the problem then is that there is a blank item to choose from when you go to choose multiple items. so then it looks like this when all is select   , Green, Blue, Red (The blank value at front)

I believe this is the reason that the RequiredFieldValidator isnt working for me also with the webdropdown.

I've done nothing fancy with the webdropdown, basic stuff.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I would think this VERY COMMON functionally should be included somewhere in this thing. If not, I've wasted about 5 hours researching and trying different approaches.

Thanks