Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Massive slowdown with Internet Explorer 8. Compatibility mode OK.
posted

I have submitted this as a support request as well. Case Number: CAS-29644-Z9V2UJ. Am posting here hoping that somebody else has run into something similar and can suggest a workaround.

I have a WebDataGrid (9.1.20091.2067) on an asp.net form. Data source retrieves data from a single table and displays in the WebDataGrid.

Factors:

1. Browser - tested with IE 7, IE 8, IE 8 in compatibility mode, Chrome, Firefox 3.5

2. Styles - tested with Default, ElectricBlue styles as well as no styles (deleted ig_res folder)

3. Amount of data - tested with 2 rows and 10,200 rows (live production data).

Test Results:

1. All browsers work perfectly in every combination of the above except IE 8 in non-compatibility (default) mode .

2. IE 8 (default mode) with 2 rows of data works fine with any style or no style.

3. IE 8 (default mode) with 10,200 rows of data works fine only with no styles (ig_res folder deleted).

4. IE 8 becomes non-responsive with 10,200 rows of data and either the Default or ElectricBlue style selected. Did not test other styles. After a few minutes, it loads the page, but, clicking on the grid freezes it for over 15 minutes. Consumes one full core in my 4-core desktop (25% CPU usage).

Test sample attached. Please note that the ig_res folder is not included in the sample.

To recreate,

1. Create ig_res folder with the Default and/or ElectricBlue styles.

2. Create a table with 5 columns as specified in the grid declaration and add 10,000 rows to the table.

3. Fix the connection string in the web.config as appropriate.

4. In IE 8, try loading the page in Compatibility mode. Should load within a second. Sorting, paging and column selecting all work fast.

5. Now, switch to the IE 8 default mode. Observe slowness.

6. Delete the ig_res folder. Run again and observe that the grid loads instantly in both the compatibility and default modes.

I really need to use this webdatagrid in a project I am working on and it has to page through 10,200 rows. I obviously need a style and ElectricBlue most closely matches the rest of the styles in our project.

Since the issue is just in the style, it seems like a css issue. Is this something that can be fixed soon? Like this week? Please?

Thanks.

WebGridTest.zip
Parents Reply Children
No Data