Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Reduce Page size - Performance
posted

Hi

This discussion is regarding optimize performance for reducing page size. I have analyzed a aspx page for its size. I am using 11 infragistics controls(Default Styleset:Office2007Blue) totally in that page. This page takes 30 sec to load. Total page size is 2.39 MB. This can be split as follows.

ASP.Net controls        1370KB 
Infragistics Controls    672KB
ViewState                       409KB

I want to know why the infragistics controls, styles and scripts are taking much size? How to reduce it? I want to reduce page size in order to boost up speed as well as reducing loading time.

Questions:
1. What are the methods available to use client side caching/compression?
2. Whether IIS 7.0 has any  new feature(Compression methods) to reduce the page size?
3. How to reduce/optimize  the infragistics styles and scripts in a page?
4. Not only Infragistics in general what are the methods available to reduce page size?
5. Some dropdown having 5000 records – This takes approx 200KB – and also I am setting tool tip for this 5000 records takes some considerable spacThanks in advance!