Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Which version of Service Release (HotFix) should I download?
posted

Hi,

I'm trying to download the service release (hotfix) for my NetAdvantage for ASP.net. But I don't know which file should I download.

In the bug fix history, I saw the "verified in versions" column has 8.2, 8.3 and 9.1 listed. But in the download screen, there are different service release for different versions. Are they the same or do I have to download them according to the version I'm using?

I also don't know whether the hot fix file is accumulated. Because I need May hot fix. I'm not sure the hot fix file I download includes the hot fix I need.

I'm confused. Can anyone help?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Our service releases are cumulative, so the latest service release (listed in your screenshot) will contain the changes that were included in the May service release.

When we apply a bug fix, we generally apply the same fix across all versions currently eligible for maintenance, unless there's a specific reason to do otherwise.  That's why the "verified in version" information refers to dfiferent volumes - such issues are fixed across all of those volumes.

Otherwise, you should download and install the service release installer that matches the volume release installer you'd initially used - this will mention the year, volume, platform(s), and CLR version (this last for our ASP.NET controls only) that you installed.  You can check your "Add/Remove Programs" dialog under your Windows Control Panel to verify what installer you used.

Based on the information you've provided, you want either "NetAdvantage for Web Client 2008 Vol. 3 - ASP.NET Service Release" (for our CLR 2.0 assemblies) or "NetAdvantage for Web Client 2008 Vol. 3 - ASP.NET Service Release [CLR 3.X]" (for our CLR 3.5 assemblies).  If you have both of these installed, you'll want to install both service releases.

Reply Children
No Data