Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Labels are cut up and have the wrong position when using TextOrientation.Custom
posted
Hello!
I‘ve got two problems when using the WebChart:

1. When I display date-time labels on the X-axis with TextOrientation.Vertical the labels get cut up. This is because they overlap the bottom border of the ChartArea. How can I fix this? (In some cases I can’t avoid to write the date and the time, to make the labels shorter.)

2. When using TextOrientation.Custom and an angle of lets say 40 degree I’m ending up having a gap between the axis and the labels. How can I fix this? Is it a bug?In general, is there a way to control the position of the labels (except the axis margin)?
Thanks for any help
Uli

Offline posted

1. If you can't make the label any shorter, the only way to fit it is to increase the value of chart.Axis.X.Extent property.

2. Check chart.Axis.X.Labels.Layout.Behavior property. Try setting it to None if it's set to either Auto or UseCollection.

Generally, the label position (other than orientation) cannot be controlled unless you're using a custom layer or any other mechanism to change the bounding rectangle of the label, but the amount of space available for the labels is set by the axis extent property.