Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Referencing a cell value in Workbook1 in another cell in Workbook 2.
posted

Hi,

I have the following requirement:

" write value to an Excel file (file 1) which is an input to a calculation in another file (file 2) whose result is linked back into the first file (file 1), recalculate both files, and read the result of the calculation back from file 1".

Basically I want to link 2 workbooks where the 2nd workbook has cells that references cell values from the 1st workbook.

I read at http://forums.infragistics.com/forums/t/34190.aspx that this feature is not supported. If not supported, can you confirm if you plan to have this in one of your future releases.

Regards,

Yamini

Parents
No Data
    posted

Currently, using external values for calculating formula values at run time is not supported. However, you can create formulas which reference external cells and then export them to the file correctly. It sounds like you are looking for the latter. Is this correct?

Children
No Data