Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Expanding a child grid's that has multiple entries
posted

Hi,

I've run into an issue in which I have a Parent Grid that holds two child grids on the same band, plus one child containing its own child grid within a band.  My problem appears when I have multiple entries in a child band, I can only expand the first entry and not the subsequent ones.  They have the "expand data" button and tag but there is no action performed upon click or any other indication that it is anymore then just an image (no hoverover change, etc).

This is how I have it set up:

Parent

Child1:single entry

Child2: multiple entries

Child2's Child: mulitple entries

Any entries beyond the first on child2 will not expand.  The first entry will expand fine and show its child, it doesn't matter which is the first or subsequent entries, I've changed them up and swapped them around and whichever ones fall after the first entry will not expand. Using the default Claymation style sheet, the expand button is present, but will not change on hover over or expand on click.

With more investigation I've found that the rows are created, they are there in the html, the problem just lies with the expand button simply not working.  It has no onclick and does not do anything when pressed.

-Pearson

Parents
    posted

Hi Pearson,

This sounds very strange.  In the WHDG you should not need to do anything except just set up your datasource and all levels should expand.  Are you handeling any events and maybe canceling them? Are you setting the MaxDatabindingDepth property?
    If you are not doing anything special in your site, can you create a simple sample that reproduced the issue and attach it to the post, so I can see whats going on?

Thanks
    olga

Reply Children
No Data