Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Error Message: DataSource is not correctly setup and its fields are not available
posted

Using the Trial Version of ASP.NET 2009.2 release, while setting up a WebHierarchicalDataSource to be used by a WebHierarchicalDataGrid, I get an error while trying to add a child using the SmartTasks wizard.

I first setup two SQLDataSources, each calling a stored procedure, configured the default parameter values, and tested them to ensure they returned the expected data in the controls' SmartTasks interface.  All is good.

I add the WebHierarchicalDataSource, rename it, and then use the SmartTask interface to configure it.  I can select the first (parent) datasource just fine, but when I click Add Child and then select the second datasource, the following error message is displayed:

DataSource ds2 is not correctly setup and its fields are not available.  Please, setup the datasource and try again.

As I mentioned, the datasource is already setup and successfully returns data.  I have also verified that it is properly returning the column that will be used to link to the parent record.  But for some reason, the configuration wizard is not working.

If I configure just the parent datasource, the grid will render that data, but the wizard still will not let me add the Child table to the Hierarchical Data Source.

Parents
No Data
    posted

Additional Info...  I can manually define the DataViews and DataRelations in the markup in order to make the WHDSource and WHDGrid work properly, so it appears to just be an error in the SmartTask wizard.

Children
No Data