Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ig_common and javascript
posted

Hello,

Im havign problems with my ig_common VD not accessing my javascript files. Im using VS 2005 and the 7.3 version on your controls. I created my VD pointing to 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\Infragistics\' this is where my versions of the controls are and subfolders (Forms, Scripts, etc). I have added the assemblies in the web.config. 

I made a sample page by dragging the UltraWebTab to the page and put a simple label and textbox in there. All I want to do is grab the text of the textbox by using the javascript function ' igedit_getById()' but when debugging it says its not defined, so its not being found. I did no more than that, so if Im missing a step (referencing the js files in the web.config?) This is just a simple example I put together to grab the value of the label, so that I can then add it to my larger project when I get this all figured out. And the javascript function I created is inline with the page, using the ' igedit_getById()' function

Thanks. 

Parents
    posted

Can you post the code your trying to execute?  

Unless your using customized JS script files, you actually should not need to create the ig_common directory.  Beginning with our CLR2.0 assemblies we began embedding the script files directly in the assemblies as WebResources so in your page you shold see a bunch of script tags with src links to WebResource.axd.  The only reason you need the ig_common directory anymore is if you are using presets which need to find images.

If you run the page without the call to getById does the page function normally?

Devin

Reply Children
No Data