Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraWebGrid format issue in WebDialogWindow after postback
posted

Hi Everybody,

I have a web grid in a WARP and it is in a WebDialogWindow and the dialog is in a user control. The grid is used in a search structure, basically I show the dialog as modal using a button. Then the user can run a search using textboxes and see the search results in the grid. I use WARP to refresh the content at client side. When they select a row in the grid, the dialog is closed and some textboxes and labels in the main page are populated.There are further actions happen later on.

The functionality is all OK. The format is also OK until I do a Postback from any control in the main page. After I do ANY postback in the main page, and open the search dialog, there is no style in the grid. For example both row and column header back ground color turns to white and alternative row style is gone.  It is just plain grid.

Apart from format, everything is working OK. I can select a row, sort columns, I can see arrows in the column and row headers, etc. When I highlight the grid HTML, I can even see the header text, but just the background is white. The actions are also OK.

I have tried these:

- Our desired structure is to open the dialog using callbacks. I raise a callback from a button and search actions are all callbacks as well. I also raise callback action from the grid when a row selected and it closes the dialog at the end. All functionality is OK apart from format.

- I also thought if the issue is callback and changed all my search structure to a postback structure. So the grid is shown from a button server event. The result is same, formats not shown.

I use exactly same structure in another page without problems, but the only difference is I never use postbacks, all control actions trigger callbacks. The page where I call search dialog is a crowded page used in an intranet application and I can not change all actions to callback easily.

I wonder if someone has come across this kind of issue.

Thanks

Parents
    posted

I have the same problem.

I've only been working with this control for one day now, but other things I've already found wrong with the WebDataGrid are:

• If some columns are hidden, and column filters are enabled, clicking a column's filter icon opens the filter dropdown on a different column.
    • Design time edits are not saved in the source code.
    • It doesn't display at all in design view when in a WebSplitter and set to a percentage height.

No doubt there are other pitfalls waiting for me. The learning curves for these controls are steep enough without having to battle all of these bugs at the same time.

Richard

Reply Children
No Data