Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDropDown LoadOnDemand EntityDataSource
posted

I have been trying to get the load on demand feature working on the WebDropDown control, but am only having partial success. I have defined my control and its data source as follows;

<ig:WebDropDown id="ddlClientList" runat="server" width="400px" AutoFilterResultSize="20" AutoFilterSortOrder="Ascending" DataSourceID="EntityDataSource1" EnableAutoFiltering="Server" EnableLoadOnDemand="true" LoadingItemsMessageText="Loading..." TextField="Name" ValueField="GUID" EnableMarkingMatchedText="True" AutoFilterTimeoutMs="500" DropDownContainerMaxHeight="400px" DropDownContainerWidth="400px" EnableAnimations="False" EnablePersistingCustomValues="True" >
<DropDownItemBinding TextField="Name" ValueField="GUID" />
</ig:WebDropDown>

<asp:EntityDataSource ID="EntityDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="name=CAAPEntities" DefaultContainerName="CAAPEntities" EntitySetName="MasterCompanies" AutoGenerateOrderByClause="True" EnableFlattening="False">
</asp:EntityDataSource>

The WebDropDown loads the first page of data, and when I scroll down it loads the next set of data (except when using mouse wheel) and the filtering works on the loaded data. I am expecting to be able to start typing and the LoadOnDemand feature to start filtering the data at the data source. Otherwise I have to load thousands of items at once just to be able to filter the items. The performance of this is not good so this isn't an option.

What am I missing? Why does this not work as expected?

The control is from version 9.2.

Thanks.