Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grouped Columns Changed Event
posted

I am trying to update WebChart control as the user changes the grouping on the WHDG. I tried using the GroupedColumns_Changed event. This event fires and the argument reflects changed columns. Now, I want to update a Chart based on the new Grouping.

Can I do this in server side code?

I tried to update a simple textbox with the new GroupedItems keys but the textbox won't update.

How do we achieve this functionality?

Please let me know. This is an important fuctionality that I need to include asap.

Verified Answer
    posted

Hi sudiptosen ,

This can be achieved.  I am going to guess that your hierarchical data grid is Ajax enabled right now?  If that is true, only that control is rerendered on the client after the ajax callback.  To have another control update, you would need the postback to be full.  The best thing to do is to wrap your chart and h grid inside of an update panel and set EnableAjax on the grid to false.  Then it will trigger the full postback (made async by the update panel) and your chart should update.

regards,
    David Young