Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Autogenerate question
posted

Hello,

I have several dropdown controls coordinating what data is displayed in my hierarchy grid.  I am using the autogenerate bands and autogenerate columns, as my datasets are in the format i want with the desired relations already set.

The control works great the first time data is bound to it.  

I am wondering how I can make the grid (during postback) transform to the specifics of another dataset that has different columns.  When I set the datasource on the WHDG during postback, the columns from the previous datasource are still displayed in the main band for some reason.

Is this a known issue? It does not make sense to me.  Thanks.

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hi daway,

For the WebDataGrid, there is a method called ClearDataSource that should be called before switching data sources so that everything is cleared properly.  This does not seem to exist on the WebHierarchicalDataGrid.  Could you try calling WHDG1.GridView.ClearDataSource to see if that works?  If not, it could be a bug we need to fix.

regards,
    David Young 

Reply Children
No Data