Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Paging and Selectedrows collection
posted

I have a webdatagrid (Version=9.2.20092.1003) on the page with paging enabled.  I also for the heck of it enabled dataview and view state.  This data grid allows you to select multiple rows so that you can hit a command button and update a flag on each of the datarows. 

If I turn off paging the code works.  I get the selectedrows collection and a simple foreach loop to grab each row and push the ID to a stored procedure in LINQ to update the row.  When I turn on paging, as long as I stay on Page Index 0 everything works and updates properly.  When I go to any other page besides the Index = 0 I get this:

.Behaviors.Paging.PageIndex.ToString() = The Correct Page Index
.Behaviors.Selection.SelectedRows.Count.ToString() = the correct number of rows I have selected

Error message:  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Code in question(simplified for this post):

foreach (GridRecord igrow in wdgIgnoreList.Behaviors.Selection.SelectedRows)
            {
                value1 = igrow.Items.GetValue(1).ToString();
                value2 = igrow.Items.GetValue(0).ToString();
            }

I would be very grateful for any help on this.  Thank you ahead of time,

DMW

Verified Answer
    posted

For those experiencing the same issue, I upgraded from v9.2 to v10.3 and have resolved the issue.  I do not know which version actually put in the fix, only that v10.3 works as expected. 

DMW