Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
'Server does not respond' on sort question
posted

When performing a sort behavior I get the

"Server does not respond" message.  This is caused by the fact that I need to reset the WebDataGrid.DataSource property on each sort postback.  This data is cached but if the cache expires (or response is sent to different server), the application must reload the data and this can take upto 20 seconds to retrieve (third party web service). 

Is there any way to customize this error, or trap it?  If I wait I can usually resort once the cached data has finished loading but this is kind of ugly and was hoping I could handle this scenario.

I see the grid has a clientside event called "AJAXResponseError" but I can't find any javascript examples to even find out what the signature is for the javascript event.

Thanks,

Ken

Parents
No Data
    posted

What version of NetAdvantage did AJAXResponseError event appear first? I am using 9.2 and not seeing it here.

Children
No Data