Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebExplorerBar Inside UpdatePanel
posted

Can someone kindly tell me why this will not postback? All I want to do is have an asp button click event fired on click of the nodes that do not have any children. This works if I take the explorer bar out of the update panel. It also works if I pre-expand the nodes then click on an end node first. For some reason, after I click on a parent node I'm no longer able to postback to the server.

One other odd behavior is when I click on a parent node first then navigate to an end node, I can get a postback to happen if I double-click the node.... this is not normal.

<script type="text/javascript">

function webReportMenu_ItemClick_Client(sender, eventArgs) {

var item = eventArgs.getExplorerBarItem();

if (item.get_childrenCount() == 0) {

var btn = $get('<%= this.btnExplorerPost.ClientID %>');

btn.click();

}

}

</script>

<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" UpdateMode="Always">

<ContentTemplate>

<asp:Button ID="btnExplorerPost" runat="server" OnClick="btnExplorerPost_Click" />

<ig:WebExplorerBar ID="webReportMenu" runat="server" DataSourceID="SampleDataSource" GroupExpandBehavior="SingleExpanded" >

<ClientEvents ItemClick="webReportMenu_ItemClick_Client" />

<DataBindings>

<ig:ExplorerBarItemBinding DataMember="ReportLevel" TextField="Name"/>

<ig:ExplorerBarItemBinding DataMember="ReportCategory" TextField="Name"/>

<ig:ExplorerBarItemBinding DataMember="ReportName" TextField="Name"/>

</DataBindings>

</ig:WebExplorerBar>

</ContentTemplate>

</asp:UpdatePanel>

<asp:XmlDataSource runat="server" DataFile="~/Sample.xml" ID="SampleDataSource" XPath="/Root/ReportLevel" />

posted

Hi there,

I think you have to use the triggers functionality of update panel in order to do this:

<Triggers>

<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger ControlID="btnExplorerPost" />

</Triggers>

Put the code above into the update panel.